Reasonable File-Size Restrictions?

doubledee

I don't think a minimum size makes any sense, especially not 4KB. Your profile picture is only 2.57KB.

It does, because it crashes one of the functions in my script.  I think its a GD issue.  Can't remember which one, but it is a know issue, so I added in that code last January.

(I'm going back and trying to do a better job commenting this script for just this reason!!!!)  :shy:

I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 100-150KB for 90X90px images should be acceptable.

@King Philip: These are just for Profile Pics.

@Scootstah: So maybe I'll bump it up to 150kb.

Debbie

I don't think a minimum size makes any sense, especially not 4KB. Your profile picture is only 2.57KB.

It does, because it crashes one of the functions in my script.  I think its a GD issue.  Can't remember which one, but it is a know issue, so I added in that code last January.

That's not how you fix bugs. And 4KB is still way too high.

That's not how you fix bugs.

And how would you fix it?

And 4KB is still way too high.

Too high for what?

Debbie

I would figure out what the problem is and then find a solution.

Too high for what?

The minimum limit is too high. It is not unreasonable for a small profile picture/thumbnail to be <4KB. Your profile picture is under 3KB.

I would figure out what the problem is and then find a solution.

Great, then you can help us over here in this thread...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=360669.new;topicseen#new

Too high for what?

The minimum limit is too high. It is not unreasonable for a small profile picture/thumbnail to be <4KB. Your profile picture is under 3KB.

Well, see the link above, and you'll see why I chose 4kb.

(DAMN, I wish I could remember what I fixed?!)  ::)

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.