Derick Rethans: New Date/Time Support in MongoDB
syndicated from www.phpdeveloper.org on August 15, 2017
In a new post to his site Derick Rethans talks about the new DateTime support in MongoDB and includes some PHP examples showing the changes in action.
In the past few months I have been working on adding time zone support to MongoDB's Aggregation Framework. This support brings in the timelib library that is also used in PHP and HHVM to do time zone calculations.
He then splits the rest of the post up into parts for the changes that this integration brings:
- Time Zone Support for Date Extraction Operators
- The $dateToParts Operator
- The $dateFromParts Operator
- Changes to the $dateToString Operator
- The $dateFromString Operator
- Using Date Expressions in $match
The post ends with a few notes about these changes, noting that it's currently only in the development release and "should be considered experimental" and subject to change. He then points out a few issues that will probably require updates to these features.